NEW - CRITIQUE SERVICE

I am now offering a critique and manuscript assessment service. For further details, please e mail me at janelovering@gmail.com

Sunday 5 July 2015

Ta-Dah! Revealing my brand new forthcoming book! PS, I am sorry about your lions.

Apologies, my little bloggees. You know how I like nothing more than a great big reveal...particularly after that last time when I hummed the tune to The Stripper for ages before anyone noticed that I'd taken all my clothes off... I mean, good grief, what have I got to do? Anyway.  The whole 'book is coming out soon' thing sort of crept up on me, and then I had to spend this weekend in London and couldn't do the whole 'ta dah!' that I had planned. So here is my somewhat belated 'ta-dah!'  I am humming The Stripper again now, by the way.
That's it. That's the brand, spanking (I'll put my trousers back on for that bit) new cover for the new book.  And here... is the blurb.

'What if the one person you wanted to talk to wouldn’t listen?

Winter Gregory and her twin sister Daisy live oceans apart but they still have the ‘twin thing’ going on. Daisy is Winter’s port in the storm, the first person she calls when things go wrong …

And things are wrong. Winter has travelled to a remote Yorkshire village to write her new book, and to escape her ex-boyfriend Dan Bekener. Dan never liked her reliance on Daisy and made her choose – but Winter’s twin will always be her first choice.

She soon finds herself immersed in village life after meeting the troubled Hill family; horse-loving eight-year-old Scarlet and damaged, yet temptingly gorgeous, Alex. The distraction is welcome and, when Winter needs to talk, Daisy is always there.

But Dan can’t stay away and remains intent on driving the sisters apart – because Dan knows something about Daisy…
'

Now it might all sound very serious and everything, but please let me reassure you that there are chuckles to be had in this book, after all, you know me, you must do because you are sitting there reading this, and if you don't know me then, why? I'm actually a delight as long as I keep my clothes on and don't dribble - and I tend to write funny stuff. But the funny stuff is mixed in with lots of serious stuff as ever because that's life, although this book has more hobby horses than life generally does. Well, one. But that's more than my life has, I can't speak for yours. For all I know you are up to your knees in corduroy heads and broomhandles.

Should you find yourself crying 'but Jane, I long to pre-order this book, in fact, my lions ache with the need to possess you..ahem, I mean it, but please don't ask me about the lions thing, my shame is almost too much to bear', then you can order it here..




I

4 comments:

littlegrebe said...

Just re-read "How I Wonder What You Are" to keep me going.

Read "Hubble Bubble" again a few weeks ago.

Really looking forward to this one!

Jane Lovering said...

And now I'm nervous...what if you don't like it? What if 'I Don't Want to Talk About It' brings you out in murderous stabby rage and you want to hunt me down? Or..or..

Actually, you might quite like it. I should relax.

Rhoda Baxter said...

We have a hobby horse (broken ) called Buttercup. Wonder where she is.
No lions though.
Reaaly looking forward to reading this one!

Guernsey Girl said...

Love your books, Jane - and love your sense of humour, too! Good luck with this.