NEW - CRITIQUE SERVICE

I am now offering a critique and manuscript assessment service. For further details, please e mail me at janelovering@gmail.com

Monday 13 July 2015

Some pictures from the RNA Conference. During which I was haunted by a ghost-fridge.

Sorry, sorry, I know this is a day late, but I was at Conference over the weekend and only got back when the sun was so far over the yardarm that people were trying to force feed me gin. I never realised that when the sun actually is over the yardarm, gin is obligatory, but apparently it is. 

Well! What a weekend! There was also a week, that came before the weekend, but that was largely happening-free and nothing to report, and then conference happened, and here are some of the things which happened whilst conference was happening...
Me, on the bus which the lovely Lynda Stacey arranged to take a bunch of us rowdy Northerners down to that there London in style. I like to think that this picture embodies the style in which we arrived.
Some lovely people looking delighted that I had turned up. You would have thought that the wine would have cheered them up, wouldn't you?
I became fascinated with my feet, and haunted by a fridge that nobody else could see. It followed me all weekend - I like to think it was the ghost of a fridge that was ill done by in olden days, note its ghostly radiance. It contained wine that wasn't ghostly, and no spirits at all.
There was a lovely Gala Dinner, during which we all became fascinated with the books above our heads. The ghost-fridge can be seen hovering above us on the left. I'm only surprised its doors didn't fall open.
During the dinner, whilst the ghost-fridge lurked in the background, I photographed my lovely daughter, Vienna (who, despite this picture, has neither a permanent lean nor a fascination with staring at the wine bottle just out of shot) and the lovely Stephanie Cage. Also, a table full of things...
And when we got home, Corvo had decided to live in a cage. Maybe he can also see the ghost-fridge and is scared of it...






4 comments:

Chris Stovell said...

Nearly as good as being there - but without the ghost fridge that has so scared Corvo. I'm trying not to be too jealous of what was clearly a great conference - love your new hair do, btw.

angela britnell said...

You brought it all to life, Jane! I think Nashville was a safer option although frankly there wasn't an option so...

Jane Lovering said...

Thank you, Chris and Angela. It was indeed a great conference. Being haunted by a food chilling device wasn't even the highlight, so I think you can guess just how good it was!

Rhoda Baxter said...

If I'd known about the ghost fridge, I could've opened the door and leaned in.