NEW - CRITIQUE SERVICE

I am now offering a critique and manuscript assessment service. For further details, please e mail me at janelovering@gmail.com

Sunday 25 May 2014

Further competition news (ie, one cock up and its solution) and I invent the Yorkshire Cream Tea.

Okay, just a quickie today because...well, I'm writing!

All right, stop that cheering, I know you're only doing it sarcastically.  I'm actually brushing up my new submission, 'I Don't Want to Talk About It', doing its hair and pulling its socks up and spitting on my hanky to wipe its face, that sort of thing.  And it is surprisingly time consuming so I shall not be lingering here for too long, so the last person out of the blog please pull the door firmly shut and make sure the security hedgehog is in place before you go.
He'll go for your throat as soon as look at you.  Honestly.
And, in other news...

To anyone who has entered my competition to win advance paperback copies of Falling Apart, a bundle with Vampire State of Mind and a Vampire Weekend CD..
Truly lovely lads but I despair of the cardigans...

..I have an apology to make.  For some reason this blog has taken a huge dislike to people trying to comment.  Seriously, it's been going round to their houses and threatening their cats, hiding in their sheds and jumping out on them when they've just got out of the bath...it's been terrible. So, may I put forward a plea for anyone who wants to win said prizes (which are very nice) to email me their ideas of what an alternate universe should have or not have (ie, for me it's chocolate and wasps, but I am open to all suggestions. Let me know how your life would be improved by the removal of...for example Simon Cowell or cardigans...) E mail is being kind to me and not trying to kill me or anything, so get in touch at janelovering@gmail.com.

Also, I have had an idea.  You know cream teas, right?  How Devon and Cornwall have the whole scone, jam cream thing?  Well, I have decided to put forward the Yorkshire Cream Tea.  A Yorkshire pudding, nice and crispy and hot, filled with a little knob of jam and a teaspoon of cream....

Well?  What do you think?

2 comments:

Jan Jones said...

I am trying to comment, purely because your Comments are being trying.

My alternate universe would have an extra 24 hours in every day, and it would not have computer hackers.

Jane Lovering said...

Thank you, Jan, your message came through with no problems, so I just have to conclude that I am massively unpopular with those that wish to win books! (Warning: you may win all the prizes and be deluged with copies of my novels...) :)