NEW - CRITIQUE SERVICE

I am now offering a critique and manuscript assessment service. For further details, please e mail me at janelovering@gmail.com

Sunday 11 May 2014

Falling Apart is now available for Kindle, and Thor comes round to pee in my garden. Possibly. Plus, Loki - cream cheese, or buttercream?

There were Things this week.  Things that Happened.  Which are not like the usual Things, which sort of whizz past in a blur, slowing down just long enough for me to register their Happenings vaguely, like paying the milkman or going shopping; no, these were proper Things, whose Happenings deserve at least a moment's pause.

Chief among those Happenings, was the release of my book, Falling Apart, for Kindle (other reading devices are available and, I am led to understand, also have my book).  It looks, should your short term memory be failing, or your Year Living At the Bottom of a Bucket documentary filming have just come to an end, like this:
And not to make you feel guilty or anything, I've got bills to pay, so...you know, go on...

I will be doing Competition-type things to win a copy of Falling Apart in paperback, along with a copy of Vampire State of Mind to which Falling Apart is the sequel, and a CD of Vampire Weekend probably next week.  That, as Slartibartfast once said, is a sort of threat....

It was seen off into the world with a bottle of Prosecco.  And then other things happened, but I was lying on the floor and giggling by then, so I'm not sure what they were.  There may also have been a torrential rainstorm, or it could have been Thor coming round to pee in the garden, but, you know...giggling...so, not sure on that one either.
I don't fancy yours much..what am I saying...


I like to think that should Thor actually pop round, for urinatory activities or a cup of tea and a HobNob, I would be more interested in questioning him about the logistics of carrying a hammer that no-one else can wield than feeling his muscles.  I think he and I might have quite a lot in common, because I seem to have a Hoover that no-one else can wield.  It's not quite as impressive, and it probably won't win many fights, unless some aliens come by for a big Hoover-Off, but at least it means he and I would have something to talk about. Perhaps he could give me some tips - you know, along the lines of 'With Heavy Electrical Item Usage Comes Great Responsibility' or something.

 And if Loki feels like coming as well - I am sure I can find something to chat to him about.  He looks like the sort of god who has a deep and abiding interest in cookery, with particular reference to cupcakes and banana bread, and we could spend many happy hours exchanging recipes.  I would also very much like to hear his views of icing.  I don't know about you, but to me Loki seems to be more of a cream cheese and icing sugar god than one who goes for the heavier buttercream frosting... 








Come on, I cannot be the only person to see the correlation here....









5 comments:

Carol Hedges said...

Daft mare!!

Jane Lovering said...

..and proud of it!

Kathryn Freeman said...

I agree with Carol! I have to say, I'd definitely have a feel of Thor's muscles though - stuff the hammer and the hoover!

Chris Stovell said...

Many trumpety congratulations on the arrival in the world of 'Falling Apart' and the arrival of Thor at your door. x

Jane Lovering said...

Kathryn, you can feel Thor's muscles any time you're passing, although you may NOT stuff the hammer and the hoover because he's a little sensitive, poor boy.

And Chris, thank you for your trumping, and the congratulations! Thor is doing nicely at the moment, although we may have to use him as a coffee table.