NEW - CRITIQUE SERVICE

I am now offering a critique and manuscript assessment service. For further details, please e mail me at janelovering@gmail.com

Thursday 9 June 2016

I say a sad farewell...

Sorry this post is late. It will also be short and sweet.

It's a memoriam for the biggest, best old dog that ever lived - children's friend and protector, my companion through life for fourteen years, village guardian and general all round Good Dog.

He left us on Monday, quietly and without fuss as he did everything, and will be much missed not just by our family but by an entire community.

Go and chase those rabbits on the other side, Dylan, my best old boy.  Fetch those balls and run through the sea.  I know I'll see you again.

RIP, the Best Dog In The World


7 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

I'm so sorry, Jane. He sounds like a wonderful friend and that's the best tribute of all.

Good boy, Dylan. RIP.

Jan Jones said...

Oh Jane (((((hugs)))))

Rosie Dean Musings said...

Lots of sympathy to you. Losing a family pet is so hard to bear.
x

Flowerpot said...

Oh Jane, I do feel for you. Sending a bark and a hug from Cornwall XX

Guernsey Girl said...

I've shown this post to a dear friend who has just lost her beloved dog - close companion since her husband died. Thinking of both of you tonight.

Wendy's Writing said...

I read this on Facebook and felt so sad for you. He sounds a wonderful dog and must have given you many years of love and happiness x

Chris Stovell said...

Aw, Jane. Sad news x