NEW - CRITIQUE SERVICE

I am now offering a critique and manuscript assessment service. For further details, please e mail me at janelovering@gmail.com

Sunday 2 August 2015

Writing in Devon and my onesie...

Well.  This week I am away from home (yes, I AM allowed to leave the county, thank you very much) and am blogging to you from a location in Devon...

You remember that Choc Lit held a competition for two people to win places at a Writers' Workshop that was being held by Mel Hudson and me?  Well they did and we did and that's where we are! So far we've launched my new book, 'I Don't Want to Talk About It'..



..with much raucous laughter and alcohol. Much, much alcohol...We wished it well and sent it out into the world and then went for little lie-downs.  Then we did some writing-related stuff, ate lots of food, went for more lie-downs, and then went to the beach for a walk on account of all the food.  It was, to be honest, more of a roll along the sands, Mel having been such a good host that we barely stopped eating for long enough to talk and I now can't lift my knees above my..well, knees.
This is our winners, Lynn and Emily. Mel and I are staring at them from a distance. I think we were wondering what they might do next, in a sort of antthropological study.
No, I don't know why I'm standing like that either. Everyone else looks as though they're pretending to be in the film version of 'Mamma Mia' and I look like I'm auditioning for 'Clockwork Orange'. But, hey ho.
And here's Emily walking down to the workshop room. I just lay down and made them roll me down the hill.
And then this morning I climbed out of a window in a penguin onesie, and found myself locked out and had to lie in a hammock...
..me not pictured... and stare out at the view.
Which, as you can quite clearly see, was terrible.
Then I went in and ate more food. Shortly I will begin the trek northward, I am just waiting for my yak to be loaded....
(most pictures courtesy of Lynn Forth)...





2 comments:

angela britnell said...

I was expecting a picture of the penguin onesie - very disappointing :)

Chris Stovell said...

It looks like a very good weekend was had by all. Belated but very warm congratulations on the launch of 'I Don't Want to Talk About It'.