NEW - CRITIQUE SERVICE

I am now offering a critique and manuscript assessment service. For further details, please e mail me at janelovering@gmail.com

Sunday 5 April 2015

Okay.  I'll make this quick, because I don't know how long I've got... (checks over shoulder)...  So listen very carefully, I shall say this only once...

There is something very wrong with my computer.  I think it might be spying on me or something.  At least, it's working very...very slowly, and I usually only do that when I'm looking at something else at the same time.  Fairly sure my computer isn't checking out eBay for trousers at the same time as working - although, new thought, maybe it is!  Maybe it's trying to sort out an entire new wardrobe when it should be head-down and ploughing through the WIP for me...

So.  I suspect that, at the very least, it is passing my secrets on. I'm not sure who it's passing them on to, I mean, my mouth wasn't cut out for keeping secrets, it's barely connected to my brain at the best of times, so I don't really have any.  Hmm. 

Anyway.  It's Easter, in case you'd missed the last six months of chocolate eggs in the shops.  And, at least from where I'm sitting, it's looking fairly spring-like out there.  The grass is growing and there is frog spawn in the pond (into which the puppy fell, in a comedy moment that made me wish I'd been recording it, because £250 would come in really handy about now).  I'd put a picture of an Easter egg in here normally, but because it would probably take my computer about ten minutes to download, I don't think I'll bother.  In ten minutes I would have forgotten what I was doing and wandered off and you'd have to come and drag me back from my perusal of the daffodils or something, and I'd get all cross and probably bite you.

To me, Easter means one thing.  Well, several things really - my trousers are going to be a lot tighter, I am not going to be able to look at a box of Maltesers for a while, and the whole house is going to smell of singed lamb, for starters.  But mainly, it means that there's now less than a month before How I Wonder What You Are (if you could imagine the book cover here, I'd be grateful. It's all blue, with stars in the sky and a lady sitting on a rock staring wistfully upwards. It's very nice) is out in paperback!  Yes, you will be able to hold it in your very hands!

I'm quite proud of that book.  It has, so far, got eleven Amazon reviews and all of them give it five stars, which is quite apt really, if you think about it, with all those twinkly stars on the cover.  I love the hero, Phinn, who is archetypically Beta-Male, and the horse called Stan with whom, as someone put it, he has a bromance.  It also contains an evil tent, an equally evil septic tank, the colour purple (as worn by Phinn in a ladies' trouser suit) and the phrase 'a fetishistic Prince Charming'.

Right.  I'm going to try posting this now.  It will probably arrive in time for Christmas...

1 comment:

angela britnell said...

Maybe I should whisper that I got it so as not to upset your tetchy computer! Am about to start on my Flake Easter Egg :)