NEW - CRITIQUE SERVICE

I am now offering a critique and manuscript assessment service. For further details, please e mail me at janelovering@gmail.com

Sunday 12 April 2015

Holiday Trousers - like ordinary trousers but with more 'give'.


After last week's computer-aided fiasco, this week I am back to as nearly normal as I generally get.





This is a picture of a fiasco.  Or it could be a fiesta, I forget, but anyway, this is what my computer was doing.  It even had the boots and the headdress, and it was all very messy.  It's stopped doing it now though, after I had a stern word, and hid its sequins, so business is very much as usual chez Lovering.

Because it was the Easter holidays I hid in a small room behind a large keyboard and did words.  This is what counts as a holiday in my house; you could tell it was a holiday because I had my special 'holiday trousers' on, which have a loose waistband in case the holiday comes complete with four course dinners.  It didn't, but I had the trousers on just in case; there was some chocolate, so they weren't totally wasted.Or waisted, I suppose.

They're sort of like this.  Only, my bottom goes all the way down, if you know what I mean. Gravity. Sigh. It is not your friend...






Where was I?  Oh, yes. Working.  So I finished Crush (the one about the tea shop) and I've started a timeslip book now, which is a double timeline, with one being set in the present day and one being set in the Bronze Age; I'm getting set for How I Wonder to come out as a paperback (7th of May, not long to wait now), and am awaiting the edits for I Don't Want to Talk About It (the one with the hobby horse).  Tomorrow I go back to the day job.

So, right now, I'm going to have a long lie down, adjust my Holiday Trousers, and possibly eat this last little bit of chocolate that's lying around the place.  Oh, and finish setting up my Critique Business....

5 comments:

angela britnell said...

I'm wearing my 'holiday trousers' in Cornwall at the moment! Trying to fatten up my skinny mother has led to an equivalent need for more stretch in my own trousers :)

Laura E. James said...

Crikey, you're busy, Jane. Do you think the trousers boost productivity?

Sarah Waights said...

Just brilliant. Thanks for the laugh. x

Jane Lovering said...

Angela...I hope your mother is fattening up nicely - if you see what I mean.

Laura - it's only because I've been on holiday from the day job for two weeks - it's amazing what I can get done when I don't have to slog out there every day!

Sarah - why, thank you. x

Chris Stovell said...

I must get myself some highly productive writerly pantaloons too - I've been a writerly lard-a*se. Well done you and all best wishes for your Critique Business. Cx