NEW - CRITIQUE SERVICE

I am now offering a critique and manuscript assessment service. For further details, please e mail me at janelovering@gmail.com

Sunday 2 February 2014

News about New Books! Don't worry, they both contain biscuits...

You may, being the perspicacious little devils that I know you to be, have seen my recent announcement that I have another book now signed for with Choc Lit, 'Starman'.

Because I don't wish you to become over-excited (the window still rattles from the last time, plus that stain that you assured me would come out with bleach won't. And I've scrubbed really hard.  Well, no, I haven't, because you know my approach to housework, but someone did. Well, I say someone, really we tied a brush to the dog and made him run backwards and forwards, but it's the same thing), I shall just give you a few little tit-bits of information about Starman, and then you can go back to your state of high anticipation for Falling Apart, which is my zombie book out in June.
In case you had forgotten, Falling Apart follows the story of Sil (who's a vampire) and Jess (who's..well, human. Ish. Look, she likes biscuits and thinks computers are run by 'magic and kittens', keeps laddering her tights and has a watchful eye out for shoes on sale in Next, so she's human enough for me)  and their relationship, now with added zombie and a lot of angst. If you're a fan of Liam, her sidekick, then he's there too, getting a bit bossy occasionally, and then there's Zan who is even more OCD than he was in the first book 'Vampire State of Mind'.

Can I stop now?  All this self-publicising is tiring, and my finger hurts.  Anyway, I consider that I've whetted your appetite sufficiently for the forthcoming book, so can I tell you a bit about Starman now?  Hopefully that will be out in December, so 2014 will contain a double-dose of me!  Oh, the excitement! The over-stimulation!  And hopefully you will feel some of this too!

Starman is about an astrophysicist called Phinneas Baxter (PhD, he's quite sensitive about that) who comes to a village in the North York Moors to live in a house with no electricity, no running water and mice. Our heroine is Molly Gilchrist, a journalist for a walking magazine (as she explains 'that's a magazine about walking, not a magazine that wanders around'). Molly lives in a house by the river and owns a horse called Stan, which is a problem for Phinn, who is a bit phobic about both water and horses...

Oh, there's a lot more stuff, like snow and septic tanks and too much alcohol; relationships lost, thrown away or just plain betrayed and there's even a garden gnome. It's basically 'Watch the Skies' with a little bit of 'Trust No-One' in there...

I hope you'll enjoy it.  Oh, and yes, before you ask, there's also a phenomenal number of biscuits. Mostly custard creams, now I come to think of it...
Coming soon, to a bookshelf near you....


3 comments:

Chris Stovell said...

Well, I was already in a state of anticipation counting off the months until I can read Falling Apart (I loved Vampire State of Mind)and now, you spoil us with another treat to come. Excellent news - many congratulations! (My apologies for being a tardy visitor lately; I was juggling family with writing mode and now I'm juggling family with - sob - editing mode.)

Unknown said...

I love the sound of the new book - really looking forward to it. I think smart men are very sexy - so a PhD would be right up my street - err, track. And if he's also got biscuits....

Writer Pat Newcombe said...

Very best of luck with all your work. You sound very excited about the new book - as well you should!