NEW - CRITIQUE SERVICE

I am now offering a critique and manuscript assessment service. For further details, please e mail me at janelovering@gmail.com

Monday 16 September 2013

Okay, I'm going to make this quick because...you know, reasons.  I'm a day late, because I was at Booqfest in Northampton this weekend and it was brilliant as ever,  I basically ligged about, chatted to people and was a bit 'fangirl' over Joe Lidster again. Yes, just like last year.  I was surprised, frankly, that he actually spoke to me at all, rather than calling the police and gesturing wildly with the end of the table leg he was using to restrain me from flinging samples of my writing at him.  Anyway.  This year I arrived too late for the cupcakes (something I am still sulking about), but had an enjoyable time anyway.  And then today I went to work, from which I have just returned, and am therefore tired, cross and somewhat de-energised.

Yep, honestly, I can't even muster up the enthusiasm to post a picture of kittens.  I've spent the last five hours rushing around a science department, been shopping, hung out the laundry and now wish to lie very still, gazing at the mysterious crack in the ceiling and going 'mmuuuuurrrrrr' quite a lot.  I also have to do some more work on 'I Don't Want to Talk About It', my current work in progress, which I am now wishing had a much shorter title.  I am about half way through presently, suffering from 'middle of the book' syndrome, and am restraining myself from eating loads of chocolate and pretending that I've got nothing to do except lie still and go 'mmmmuuuuuurrrrr'.  But I am aware that those of you who read this blog (you do, don't you?  I mean, you are out there? Because I do have a suspicion that it's really just me and a large chicken, and I'm beginning to suspect that the chicken might not be real either, so, you know, if you are out there I shall be amazingly reassured) want some form of entertainment from these words of wisdomish, so, in the spirit of entertaining some people, who may or may not be real, I'm going to dance.

There.

Now I'm going to lie down and go 'mmmmmuuuuurrrr' some more. Come back next week. I might be feeling more enthusiastic by then.

What do you mean 'why is there a picture of Johnny Depp'? Seriously, I'm appalled that you even have to ask...

7 comments:

Lesley Cookman said...

I'm here, even while I'm in Turkey, lazing beside the pool...

Jane Lovering said...

Oooh, I'm so jealous I'm going to go 'mmmuuuuurrr' some more. So there. Enjoy the pool...

angela britnell said...

Maybe I'm the large chicken! How could anyone complain about a gratuitous picture of the delectable Johnny? Good luck recovering from the day and with middle of book sag!

Unknown said...

I'm out here too - and it's not just for the pics of Johnny Depp - although - well.. lets be honest.. they do help on a bad day. On a good day too. Or a day with a 'y' in it.

Guernsey Girl said...

Great blog post! I think you're just practising for the launch of Falling Apart...

Guernsey Girl said...

Great blog post! I think you're just practising for the launch of Falling Apart...

Jane Lovering said...

Angela - you are in no way a large chicken, although I am glad that you and Janet appreciate the piccy of Johnny, our 'Our Lad' as I prefer to call him.
And yes, Guernsey Girl, I have my best 'zombie' head on and am doing 'mmmmuuuuurrrr' with my arms outstretched - how did you know?