NEW - CRITIQUE SERVICE

I am now offering a critique and manuscript assessment service. For further details, please e mail me at janelovering@gmail.com

Sunday 9 June 2013

I am the original Bakewell Tart. Now, with added Apple...

Now, if everything works out right, this blog should leap into your vision whilst I am still trotting home from my stint at Bakewell Baking Festival, where I shall be reading from Hubble Bubble and signing some books. Also eating cake. In fact, there is every chance that I'll be sitting in the car awaiting someone with half a vat of Vaseline and a shoe-horn, who will be coming to aid me with disembarkation. After all, if one is attending a Baking Festival, it would be rude for one not to sample as much of the available Baking as possible, wouldn't it? And even some of the Baking which might not be available because of, say, being hidden away underneath a large box with a heavy weight on top of it.

So, there you are, innocently reading these words, maybe with a ladylike piece of toast covered in just a sliver of waistline-troubling butter (not that you need to watch your waistline, you look fabulous), while I - now roughly the size of a small hot-air balloon - struggle forth from my car with a sound similar to that of a champagne cork being popped and with approximately the same amount of bubbles.

My nemesis
So, in the interests of entertaining you in my own absence, I thought I'd just drop by and tell you that Hubble Bubble is, as of now and until the end of the month, a Book of the Month at Apple!  Yes, 'tis true! and 'tis here...
This is the Apple Banner, and there...yes, just there...no, that's my finger, over there on the right hand side, nestling so close up against Bernard Cornwell that I am going to have to have a few words with it... is Hubble Bubble!

Please feel free to cheer.  Or, even better, download it to the Apple device of your choice!  Now, I'd better go, it's getting warm in this car and my buttocks are taking up most of the back seat. But I think there might be just one, tiny wafer-thin slice of victoria sponge left....

5 comments:

angela britnell said...

What a tough life you lead! Hope you managed to sample all the cakes on offer and sold lots of books!

Chris Stovell said...

I hope you saved us a slice of tart! Congratulations all round, dear heart!

Jane Lovering said...

Ah, yes, Angela and Chris. Cakes were sampled and I truly *was* going to save some slices of tart but...oh, you're going to laugh about this... while I was trapped in the car, waiting for the heavy lifting equipment, a goat came past and...wait....ate the lot! I know, terrible, isn't it? I was mortified.

Writer Pat Newcombe said...

sounds like you had a great time!!

Flowerpot said...

Brilliant news Jane - hope you had a good time. YOu just can't rely on goats can you?!