NEW - CRITIQUE SERVICE

I am now offering a critique and manuscript assessment service. For further details, please e mail me at janelovering@gmail.com

Sunday 16 June 2013

Congrats to Mr Tony Robinson on his Knightification, and gratuitous picture of Richard Armitage.

Those of you who are even vaguely familiar with this blog, or who follow me in any capacity at all (except you in the bushes there, you're just weird), will know of my relentless appreciation - what some sad individuals may call a senseless fixation - with the adorable Tony Robinson. For those new to this, entirely explicable if you give me a minute and access to a Power Point presentation, love, here is a picture.

All right, I know. He's not exactly

but that doesn't matter to me. He's not the kind of man I write romances about, he's not the 'tall, mysterious stranger' type. Well, he's not the tall type, anyway, let's leave it at that. But when it comes to Real Life, the sort that's heavy on the 'taking out the bins and finding out what the funny smell is', my mind can encompass Tony much more easily than it can those hunky blokes whose main talent appears to be taking their shirt off, thrusting out their pecs and smiling winsomely.

Nothing against Mr Armitage (seen above), I'm sure he takes his bins out in a manly way and can locate the source of a funny smell in the time it would take most of us to wonder where we left that pound of mince that we're almost certain we got out of the freezer last week.But, when it comes to mental images, I can imagine Tony doing these things in an interesting way.

Anyway. My point is, that Tony Robinson is being Knighted. Yes, properly, like 'sword on the shoulder, arise Sir Tony', queen, Palace, posh suit, whole thing! My Tone! Well, he's not exactly mine, I just feel I have a proprietorial interest in him, like a sort of Time-Share God, if you will. And so this, my own blog where I may reveal my innermost peculiarities to you, my little like-minded souls, is where I take the opportunity to say CONGRATULATIONS, TONY!! And also point out that I've bought the hat, have a very nice frock which will be just about suitable for the celebrations and also to meet the Queen as long as she doesn't mind the slight smell of vinegar, and have been practicing my curtsey for days.


So, can I come with you, Tony?   Please please please? I promise not to disgrace you...

Congratulations, Tony! I knew I was right about you!
See? I can wear real clothes and hold a glass the right way up and everything... Awww...come on....

In other, equally wonderful, news - Hubble Bubble has been receiving some very good reviews, so thank you to everyone who's bought it, read it, and then taken the time to say how much they've enjoyed it!
Here's a big, sloppy 'mwha!' from me to you all!  Oh, you are up to date with your jabs, aren't you? Typhoid, diphtheria, all those...



7 comments:

Kate Johnson said...

I particularly like how he outranks Blackadder now. Kudos Sir Tony!

And might I add, in my fantasies Richard Armitage is a domestic god, as well as the other kind. He would take out the bins in a sexy and manly fashion...

angela britnell said...

If Richard Armitage was around my house, taking out the bins would be the last thing on my mind!

Celia J Anderson said...

I'd like to ditto all your congratulations but am going to have to inform you that Tony and I are going to see Queenie together on this occasion - he asked me ages ago just in case he got the invite. I'm afraid it was the vinegar that swung it. He says he's really impressed with your glass holding skills though.

Good luck with your jolly x

Jane Lovering said...

See, Kate and Angela - RA leaves me rather cold. I don't know why - I think it's the Sean Bean Effect. Although I have to admit I'm not sure what that is either, all I know is that he's regarded as a Sex God too, and I just think he looks like a window-cleaner.

Celia - sigh. I *thought* the vinegar might have put him off. Oh well, enjoy the palace, although I have paid Philip handsomely to do *something* to your vol-au-vents (you won't know what until you taste them...). And I knew my special 'glass-holding classes' would come in handy one day!

Kate Johnson said...

It's the manly thing. Sean and Richard are both just so...manly. Sean is so manly that when he got glassed in pub fight last year, he finished his pint before he went and got stitches.

Next you'll be telling me you don't fancy Sam Vimes,or something equally mad...

Chris Stovell said...

Nope, RA doesn't do it for me, either. But equally, Lady Jane, I'm also happy to leave Sir Tone to you! Lovely photo of you btw... how can Tone refuse?

Jane Lovering said...

The jury is still out on Sam Vimes, I'm afraid (although I do have a huge girl-crush on Granny Weatherwax...but suspect that I am becoming Nanny Ogg with a speed that is positively embarrassing). So, the conclusion we draw here is that I don't like 'manly' men. Oh dear...

At least Chris is with me. Ben Wishaw, Chris, at all?