NEW - CRITIQUE SERVICE

I am now offering a critique and manuscript assessment service. For further details, please e mail me at janelovering@gmail.com

Sunday 11 April 2010

I come over all technological

Right, in the interests of honesty and not being divorced and everything, I have to confess that I, that is me, didn't do this.  My wonderful husband performed the actual button pressing actions, but I was behind him every step of the way and influencing things with my special 'influency powers' which are far better than, say, being able to swing from buildings or lift heavy weights.  Which are two things I never need to do. I do, however, regularly need to influence things like, say, making people believe that I am talking sense and that they are enjoying what they are reading.

Anyway.  Where was I?  Ah, yes.  My Blog has now become linked to my website, as inextricably as a terrier becomes linked to toffee, when the toffee has been left out in the sun on the floor and said terrier has been rolling on the carpet again.  So now, when you go to my website, you should come here instead.  What a little treat for you all!  And, all down the side of this aforementioned Blog, there are now buttons which, rather than making trousers fall down in a comical fashion, now lead to other pages on my website.

As far as I am concerned this has all been done with magic.  Theoretically I  understand that technology exists (how else could I speak to you, my assembled lovelies?) but I don't know how it actually works.  That's one of the problems with Being a Writer.  We need the technology for promotion and even to do the actual writing stuff, but we tend to believe that it all works by demon-magic and there are probably sacrifices involved.  Being a Writer and knowing all about the demon-magic are mutually exclusive to most of us.

So, to any writers out there who are reading this and haven't yet done so, find yourselves a Demon-Magic practitioner and persuade them to teach you the basic invocations.  Or, someone who can create you a web presence.  It doesn't have to be impressive, it just has to show the world that you exist.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome. ;-)

Funky Mammy said...

brill :)

Jane Lovering said...

There are some lovely invocations out there. The one with smoked salmon and cream cheese is particularly... oh, hang on. Those are recipes, aren't they? Oh bum, I thought my Facebook page had gone a bit weird...

I LOVE FRANCE said...

Hello
i came from alices link on facebook
i THINK I AM GOING TO ENJOY YOUR BLOG GREAT SENSE OF HUMOUR YOU HAVE GOING
eNJOY WRITING YOUR BLOG
aNDREA

Jane Lovering said...

@France.

Why, thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit, and we hope to see you here again soon!

Anonymous said...

Yes! Finally someone writes about human resources.
Also visit my web page - Career self assessment test