NEW - CRITIQUE SERVICE

I am now offering a critique and manuscript assessment service. For further details, please e mail me at janelovering@gmail.com

Sunday 20 April 2014

Happy Writers Day! Pass the chocolate, would you...nomnomnomnom..I'm sorry, is this unseemly?

Staring aimlessly at the calendar yesterday - I often do this.  I think I'm hoping to see red letters marking a day as 'International Everyone Buys Your Book Day' and have so far been disappointed - I found out that April 23rd is Administrative Professionals Day.  It's St George's Day too, but that's beside the point for the purposes of this conversation, because...Administrative Professionals Day!

There are no instructions as to what is supposed to happen on what I am going to refer to as AP Day, whether we're supposed to go round to our nearest office block and press roses and chocolates on all those therein, or whether we maintain a minute's silence for those lost in the line of double-entry bookkeeping duty, to paper cuts and stapler-misfires, or the perils of the photocopier.

Although we wouldn't want anyone to get overexcited about this...


I have searched the calendar in vain for Writers Day.  Not even tucked away in the unfashionable end of February is there so much as an afternoon put aside for Writers.  23rd of June is 'Discovery Day', but since I've already discovered June and most of July, I can hardly see the point of this.

So, in my lateral, and somewhat confused way of thinking, I wondered when would be a suitable time to celebrate writers, and it came to me!  What goes hand in hand with writing?

I am, quite frankly, appalled you even needed to think about that one...
That's right, chocolate.  And when do we have a lot of chocolate?  Now you're getting the hang of it...

This is a Betty's Easter Egg. There is a Betty's in York. I therefore rest my case.

Easter Day.  So, if it is not too presumptuous of me, can I wish you all a happy, now official, Writers Day!  Oh, and Happy Easter as well, because I am well aware that not all who read this blog are writers..ooh, pass me the calendar, I'm just going to look up the date of Readers Day...

2 comments:

angela britnell said...

I'm happy to call it writer's day or anything really as long as I can eat chocolate! Confession - have just demolished a bag of Rolo Minis - not my absolute favourite but all I could find in my chocolate quest!

Carol Hedges said...

I think I reached Peak Chocolate by 2 pm yesterday...