NEW - CRITIQUE SERVICE

I am now offering a critique and manuscript assessment service. For further details, please e mail me at janelovering@gmail.com

Sunday 4 August 2013

What I did on Other People's Holidays, and a touch of the Sisterhood....

Oh look, you're back again.  And this week, I'm afraid, I have nothing much to report at all, I'm afraid.  For this week I had 'Visitors', because this is what qualifies as a holiday for me and my vast and slightly effulgent household - providing a holiday destination for others, in this case,my brother and his two female offspring.  No doubt if I ran, say, a bed and breakfast establishment, this would be the holiday-equivalent of my spending a fortnight in Southern Portugal, followed by a week's fact-finding mission to Canada, but, as it was, it was only my family and only for three days, so the equivalent of a long weekend on the Isle of Wight. 

So, this week has contained

Yes, meercats are very cute...

This...
There is little in life more downtrodden-looking than a moist Golden Eagle, even if he has been watered for his own cooling purposes.

And a large amount of this..

Members of my family, ranked according to liking for Cheese and Onion Crisps.  What?  Doesn't everyone rank their families in such order? How do you decide where to stand otherwise?  

All in all a lot of fun was had, sights were seen and we even had a faux-barbeque, on account of not actually possessing an actual barbeque, but everything was fine and food was eaten and stuff, so that was all right.

And in other news, I've been tagged as part of this...
by Anita Davison.  Apparently it's a way of getting women bloggers to spread the word about one another, or something like that.  We're supposed to tag about a million other women bloggers (why do I keep writing the word 'bloogers'? I don't even know what a blooger is, and I'm not sure I'd want to meet one, even if I did) but I seriously don't know that many people.  Truly. My social circle is about the size of a Polo.  So I'm tagging a few of the new members of the Choc Lit team, because I know you'll want to get to know them better, and this seems a good way of getting that to happen.  So, for your delectation, here are:-

Alison May
Rhoda Baxter
Janet Gover
Jules Wake

I know that's not millions and I know that it's not even a tiny slice of the number of gorgeous and talented and fabulous women writing for, or about to write for, Choc Lit, but these are people I know won't hit me. And at least one owes me a cake, so... you know... just pop over to their blogs, take a look. You might like them. I do.

1 comment:

Chris Stovell said...

I'm about to go into visitor mode too. We tried to thwart them by downsizing, but it didn't work. Must. Say. No. More. or Must say 'no' more. Sigh. (If any members of my large extended family read this, I was talking about the others, not you, of course.)