NEW - CRITIQUE SERVICE

I am now offering a critique and manuscript assessment service. For further details, please e mail me at janelovering@gmail.com

Sunday 5 February 2012

Vampires, Buffy and HobNobs, Midsomer Murders and... where was I again?

Right, now, before I forget.  The deliciously fragrant and lovely Lynda Renham-Cook has interviewed me on her blog, so if you have any burning desires to read about my views on toilets or that dream I had about Tony Robinson and the cream bun... now is your chance.  I will be returning the favour here next week, although I don't think Lynda has views on Tony Robinson, but then, HE'S MINE, ALL MINE, MWAHAHAHAAAHH.  Ahem.  Anyway.  So.  Here, next week, Lynda.  All right?  Don't say I never give you anything, although I would like three cases of headlice and one of syphilis to be taken into account.

Also, in breaking news.  Vampire State of Mind is now rearing its head on the Choc Lit homepage!  It is being described as Choc Lit's 'Buffy'! This may be a slight exaggeration, since I don't remember Buffy so much as mentioning HobNobs, or Betty's Tea Rooms, but then maybe she did and I just wasn't listening because I was too busy polishing my slippers or something.

Right, that's the links bit out of the way.  I always worry about those, since I'm a bit prone to wandering off and thinking of Other Things whilst in the middle of bloggage and may therefore post random links to things that bear no relation to what I'm talking about.  Or just press the wrong button and end up with something really odd and largely unidentifiable cropping up in the middle of
a sentence.  I blame my inherently fidgetty nature which causes my brain to rocket off on random trains of thought whenever it is supposed to be did anyone else see that weird episode of Midsomer Murders where the men dress up as stags and try to rape women from the other village?  Because one of their girls married a man who 'wasn't from their village'?  Like Midsomer Murders is set in 1630 or something?  That was just odd.

And I think now is the time to confess that I never understood the rules of Rounders. Or Netball, despite twice making the primary school team.  I can't play Backgammon, am afraid of slippers (even unpolished), and have an uneasy relationship with jam.  So, you know, go figure.

4 comments:

Lesley Cookman said...

Wipes eyes and picks self off floor.

Lynda Renham said...

The fragrant Lynda Renham-Cook? And then you go on to talk about toilets... Typical, I say, typical.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Slippers? But I couldn't live without mine!

Flowerpot said...

You managed to pack a lot into that short post Jane - am stunned. But I don't have any slippers. Never have done. Sorry (hearing gasps of horror)...