NEW - CRITIQUE SERVICE

I am now offering a critique and manuscript assessment service. For further details, please e mail me at janelovering@gmail.com

Wednesday 22 September 2010

A midweek uncovering

Aha!  For all those of you who thought I only blogged at weekends (on account of only being allowed out of my cheeseboard then), here I am midweek!  And I have a special little treat for you - my new cover!  It's just been released, or perhaps I should say, unleashed and I hope that you agree with me in thinking that it's very pretty!  D'you know, I don't even care if you don't agree with me, I think it's a damn fine cover, featuring a girl who looks very much like my heroine Jemimia, beads which look very like the kind of thing that she works with in the story and a guitar, which looks very much like...errr..a guitar!  And, yes, there is a guitar in the book!
See?  See?

Oooh, now I'm all over-excited and attracting flies again.  I'd better go and lie back on some crackers until I feel more myself.

15 comments:

Chris Stovell said...

Ah! That's absolutely gorgeous - Choc Lit have done it again! No wonder you're thrilled.

Julie Cohen said...

Wow, that's lovely! Hope it sells like crazy!

Jane Lovering said...

I am thrilled, Chris. It conjures up some of the 'feel' of the book, which is quite a trick! And the beads, the beads are so pretty....

Sarah Callejo said...

It is a beautiful cover and I'm sure it will turn many heads.

Jane Lovering said...

Thank you all, chaps! I am a happy bunny. It's taken us a while to get there, but now we have I can relax for about half an hour.

Phillipa said...

Yay!!! Congratulations, Jane, it's gorgeous and very distinctive. P x

Phillipa said...

Did my 'yay' post work?

Anonymous said...

That looks fab! Congratulations!

Kate Johnson said...

Ooh very nice! And...Jemimia? Is that a typo or did I miss out on a dipthong when I named my cat? (Er, my cat is called Jemima. She's not called Please Don't Stop The Music. Too long to yell out the back door and you look a pillock in the vets' waiting room.)

Margaret James said...

Gorgeous cover, will sell in zillions, have ordered mine!

Jane Lovering said...

Thanks again! And no, Kate, it was a mistype, she's called Jemima like the cat (and just as prone to wandering off...). Although I don't need an animal with an odd name to look a pillock in the vet's waiting room. I've fallen off a chair before now.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

That's a wonderful cover. I can't wait to read the book.

Unknown said...

Congratulations, beautiful cover.
Cannot wait to read the book.
Keep up the good work, you inspire me to keep blogging, talking of which...
Hope you have calmed down :-)
x

Christina Courtenay said...

Brilliant, Jane, well worth waiting for! Can't wait to read it now! xx

Jan Jones said...

Lovely cover, Jane! I am now imagining a story in which all the characters are victims of the Registrar's inability to spell...