NEW - CRITIQUE SERVICE

I am now offering a critique and manuscript assessment service. For further details, please e mail me at janelovering@gmail.com

Sunday 8 August 2010

An Unveiling of a New Blurb

I am enblurbulated!  And for all those of you who don't believe that is a real word, well you can just confabulate off.

Those truly lovely (and deeply understanding) people at Choc Lit have raised my blurb from the bottom (not from my bottom, I hasten to add), scraped off the barnacles and the weed and given it new words, sparkling new adjectives, re-rigged it with fantastic punctuation and launched it down the slipway of anticipation.

Stretching a metaphor?  I'm an expert...

Anyhoo.  The unveiling.  And here we go...if someone would like to pull that dangly thing...  I hereby launch my...

Oh. Right, well that will teach me to do blurb unveilings in my dressing gown.  Okay. Well, while I go and put some clothes on, here is the brand, spanking new blurb for my forthcoming release 'Please Don't Stop the Music' (available from Choc Lit publishing from 01 February 2011 - just in case you've been living in some kind of cave for the last three months. On the moon.  Without internet access.  And your head in a bucket.).

How much can you hide?
Jemima Hutton is determined to build a successful new life and keep her past a dark secret. Trouble is, her jewellery business looks set to fail - until enigmatic Ben Davies offers to stock her handmade belt buckles in his guitar shop and things start looking up, on all fronts.
But Ben has secrets too. When Jemima finds out he used to be the front man of hugely successful Indie rock band Willow Down, she wants to know more. Why did he desert the band on their US tour? Why is he now a semi-recluse?
And the curiosity is mutual - which means that her own secret is no longer safe ...

There.  I will go and leave you to enjoy your day in peace now.  Albeit with the image of my naked body burned onto your retinas for all eternity.  Try to not think of it while you're stuffing your Sunday chicken...




5 comments:

stuartaken.net said...

Great blurb, Jane. Good luck with the launch in Feb.

Chris Stovell said...

Very blurbalicious, dear heart. Looking forwards to reading it.

Sarah Callejo said...

I love the name Jemima and I love the blurb.
Can't you put the publishing date forward? Do we really have to wait all those months?
Can I open my eyes now? Are you dressed? I don't want that image engraved in my mind thanks, I'd have nightmares.

Talli Roland said...

Ooh, I love it! Great blurb - can't wait to read the book now!

Stephanie Bisby said...

Roll on February. I want to read your book!